Subject: Re: [flasher] Is there a best way or script to look for flash 5 and redirect?
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:02:10 -0000

I'm the resident 'anti-javascript' zealot. If you want a comparison of
javascript-based detection vs. Flash-based detection, check out the
'Notes' section at:

www.neometrxisystems.com/exp/

To be true, both have their advantages and disadvantages.
I included an example FLA that detects if the major version is '>4', but
you can easily change that to be '= 5' for Flash 5-only detection.

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com