Subject: RE: [flasher] RE: 'tell targeting'
From: Kathy Vergucht
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:15:07 -0000

Thanks for your help Ed! I will give it a go...!

I realize that you can use levels to 'loadMovie'
however I have organized it a little different. I'm very sorry about this
but maybe I should have mentioned that I have used Manuel Clements technique
of loading .swf into an empty movieclip on the main stage in _level1.
I then load my movies on _level1 by targeting the instance names of the
empty movieclip

Here is how I have done it:

I have 5 swf's

main.swf
- contains 4 empty movieclips on the main stage with appropriate instance
names.
The other 4 .swf's are loaded into the empty clips when needed.

interface.swf
-first level navigation
nav.swf
-second level navigation (contains 3 buttons)
bg.swf
-background of the sections
window.swf
-dragable window that is loaded when you click in the secondary navigation.
This movie contains an empty MC in which the content (copy.swf) is loaded as
soon as 1 of the buttons in nav.swf is pressed.

So 'button 1' in nav.swf will load window.swf on the main stage and then
load the copy in window.swf. Only I can't make it jump to the label 'copy 1'

My question. How do I target that label from a button in nav.swf?

This was my attempt when clicking on button1 in nav.swf

on (press) {
loadMovie ("window.swf", "/windows");
}
on (press) {
loadMovie ("copy.swf", "_level1/windows/copy");
gotoAndPlay ("copy1");
}

With levels, will I not have the same problem though...?
I can't figure out how to target a label in a .sfw that is loaded into
another .sfw...

Oh god I really hope all this makes sense...