Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: Flash Java interaction
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:53:26 -0000

Well I don't know of a product that allows you to write to
text files with Flash, except the little app I wrote called
neoWriter at www.neometrixsystems.copm/exp/ .

I don't know if this is heavy duty enough for what you're
doing though. The alternative is to write either a simple
HTTP server or an XML server. If you're using Flash 5,
then the XML route is definitely the way to go... Flash 5
has a native XML Socket. As for the server programming,
If you're looking for a cross-platform solution, java is
probably optimal, though even that would be a pain to
distribute... Not everyone has a virtual machine, let alone
a properly configured one, in the version you are using. I
don't know much about Director, but I thought that
would've been a better solution....

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com