Subject: RE: [flasher] Flash and MAC IE
From: Paul Willoughby
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:12:05 -0000

Hi Sean,

There's a couple of things that don't look right in the Flash stuff, but I
don't know nuffing about CF so I can't help you there.

> FRAME 1
> ACTIONSCRIPT:
> eof = "0";
> loadVariablesNum ("act_cftoken.cfm", 0, "POST");
> gotoAndPlay ("Scene 1", "check");

That last line is completely redundant, the timeline is going to play
anyway. This *shouldn't* cause a problem, but that doesn't mean it won't.

> FRAME 2 ("check")
> if (eof=1) {
> ifFrameLoaded (6) {
> gotoAndStop ("Scene 1", 6);
> }
> } else if (eof=2) {
> gotoAndStop ("Scene 1", "doh");
> } else {
> gotoAndPlay ("check");
> }

Firstly, your equality operators are wrong. It should be "==" *not* "=" .
The last line is also definitely dodgy - you can't create a loop by telling
a frame to play itself again and again, you need at least 2 frames. Put all
this code in frame 3, but leave the "check" label on frame 2.
You also test for framesLoaded without telling the movie to do something if
they're not - why not just test this at the same time you're testing 'eof'?
Also, your 'eof' value is a number, but above you test it's value as if it
was a string ("").
I'd change this code to (including 'bulletproof' :) syntax)-

FRAME 1
_root.eof = 0;
loadVariablesNum ("act_cftoken.cfm", 0, "POST");

FRAME 2 ("check")

FRAME 3
if (_root.eof==1 && _root._framesLoaded == 6 ) {
gotoAndStop (6);
} else if (_root.eof==2) {
gotoAndStop ("doh");
} else {
gotoAndPlay ("check");
}

Basically the looping and testing won't be working, because of the incorrect
equality operator. As a complete guess I'd say you've got away with this on
PC as PC's are quicker at caching variables (anybody agree?).
I was wondering what the "POST" is for in your loadVariables? If this is
right at the beginning of your movie you couldn't have any variables to
send, right? The reason I ask is that POST doesn't work with Mac IE 4.5.
Anyway, get the looping and testing right first and see what the result is
using just the regular CF.I guess that would mean frame 3 code would be:

if (_root.eof==1 && _root._framesLoaded == 6 ) {
gotoAndStop (6);
} else {
gotoAndPlay ("check");
}