Subject: Re: [flasher] OT: DW3 can't read html files
From: flasher
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:07:33 -0000

The problem lies in ^%$#@$ FrontPage. That technology
is completely proprietary. It adds tags and code and
who knows what else so once it has you, it keeps you,
unless you are willing to redo the site in true HTML.

For experiment sake I pulled the source and placed it
in DreamWeaver. First, your site is not even showing
up properly on the net (Netscape 4.72 Mac OS9.0.4).
The logo doesn't display, the pictures are side by
side and the associated text does not show. In Dream
Weaver I found many unbalanced <tbody> and <div> tags
as well as <div> tags which spanned table cells. The
problem is IE is not W3C compliant and is much more
forgiving. MS has used this to it's advantage allowing
it's tools to write poor code which displays well in
IE and is poor in Netscape and other development tools.
They then recommend using only MS products blaming the
problems on other manufacturers' inadequacies. It's
what they call eating their own dog food. HTH.

Cheers,
John Andrew Morrison