Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: load movie on top
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:04:41 -0000

Suzanne Harmon wrote:

> Thanks so much for your reply. However, I have tried both methods. The
> first, loading the movie into level 1 works fine except I cannot control
> it's position on the stage.

Suzanne,

You should be able to control the position of the movie in level 1 as
long as you wait til it's loaded before positioning it. Here's a way to
do that:

Put a blank frame at the start of the movie to be loaded (so it doesn't
show up in the wrong place while it's loading), and label the first
frame that has actual content "mstart". Then this code should work:

first frame:
loadMovieNum ("yourmovie.swf", 1);

next frame (labelled looper):
if (_level1._framesloaded>=1 && _level1._framesloaded ==
_level1._totalframes) {
gotoAndPlay ("starthere");
}

next frame:
gotoAndPlay ("looper");

next frame (labelled starthere):
_level1._x = 200; // whatever you want for upperleft x
_level1._y = 100; // whatever you want for upperleft y
_level1.gotoAndPlay("mstart");

Regards,
Helen
i-Technica · http://i-technica.com · 301.424.6037