Subject: Re: FLASH: Generator and Flash3 Compliance (closure)
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:08:04 +0100

At 4:46 PM 7/26/99, Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media) wrote:
> Just for the sake of closure, I thought I'd report that the problem
> I was having with movie clips and TellTarget failing in Generator
> was due to the embedding of my .swf in a Generator template by my
> client. This effectively placed the TellTarget structure one level
> deeper from the main timeline and threw off the tell target paths.

aggh! Thanks for the followup, Marc, although I'm sorry you lost time on it
in the meantime. Appreciate the background on the actual cause there...
makes sense now, but it's a bummer that it took that time to discover....
:-(

(If it's of help, though, then your post has shifted the weighting I'll
give to possible causes in future posts... your suffering shall help all
vector-designin' humanity, if that's of any solace there....)

jd