Subject: FLASH: Some problems with Load Movie
From: Paul Saarnak
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:07:12 +0100

Hi!

I am currently working on a flash site and have encountered some problems.
I am trying to get a rather complicated thing working (it will be described
below), perhaps a bit too complicated... But anyway, I think it should
work, but it doesn't.

Here's the deal:

I use two different swf:s in layer 2 & 3. There are other layers as well,
but I think we can disregard them here. This is what is supposed to happen:

1. I load swf 1 into layer 2. I make sure it is all loaded (using a
preloader) before next thing happens, which is
2. swf 1 uses a Load Movie action to load swf 2 into layer 3, and then stops.
3. I use a preloader in swf 2 as well, ensuring it is all loaded before...
4. swf 2 uses a Tell Target action (against _level2;) to Go To and Play
from a keyframe in swf 1, and then a Stop action so that swf 2 stops.
5. swf 1 plays for a while and then starts swf 2 again using Tell Target
(against _level3;) and Go To and Play.

Does it make any sense? I think this should work, but the following happens:

Step 1, 2 and 3 works just fine, but when i use the Tell Target action in
swf 2 (in level 3, that is), it goes to the right location in swf 1:s
timeline, but it doesn't play. It just stops. I have checked a hundred
times that there are no stops anywhere, and there isn't.
Have anyone noticed any problems with using Go To and Play between
different layers?

Phew, a lot of reading there. I hope someone can help me. Unfortunately, I
can't give away the swf:s, because of the secret nature of the work (TOP
secret.... sure)

Thanks alot,
Paul Saarnak