Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash4 and forms
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:20:19 +0100

Hi Brian,

In my previous post, I misstated, I meant to say Load VARIABLEs not Load
movie.

> Is it possible to make interactive forms? I have read chapter 11 of the
> manual though this is very brief!
> What I want to do is to be able to click on an area of a map, say Scotland,
> and have the word 'Scotland' inserted into a text field on a form which
> can then be processed by a cgi/perl script.
> Can this be done?
Yes, this can be done with Flash 4.
You can sent messages to cgi using getURL.
A text file can be generated by your cgi/perl script.
Using Load VARIABLES you can retrieve the information from a text file.

Note, Generator and other dynamic generating programs can do many of
these things with Flash 3 content.