Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 4 email using ASP
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:49:56 +0100

At 02:24 PM 7/29/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Flashers,
>
>check out this Flash 4 email!
>
>http://www.mainstreet.com.au

It's attractive but I noticed latency between text entry and display which
was annoying, especially when I needed to backspace to correct something.
Also, I initially filled out only the message field (not the email address
and other fields); when I hit Send, the "processing" message just kept
blinking forever with no clue that I had to complete the other fields. Once
I completed the other fields and hit Send, the email was sent and I got a
confirmation message.

I suppose this is useful for users with no default email client set up;
otherwise it seems less efficient than the standard "mailto" url.