Subject: Re: FLASH: problems controlling Flash via DWA/javascript in Netscape
From: Edward Cossette
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:37:20 +0100

> You may have a bigger problem than fighting off the suggestions to do an
> "all" FLASH page and that might be trying to get your JavaScript to work
the
> same way as expect in the two warring browsers. IE and NN don't always
like
> each other especially when it comes to JS. Good luck.

Good point.

> oh...do you have an url we can look at? And, what version of browser(s)?

Oops, forget to give a URL.

The full frameset is http://www.delmar.edu/engl/lab/assign/lab2/ndx2.htm
The particular page with the javascript prob. is
http://www.delmar.edu/engl/lab/assign/lab2/qz1.htm

The problem with Netscape giving the error occurs on both the 4.5 and 4.6
versions I've checked it with. Again, works fine in IE4 and 5.

--Edw.