Subject: FLASH: aiigh! tearing my hair out...
From: a p r i l b i n g h a m
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:17:01 +0100

hi all,

repeatedly bashing my head against a wall with a tiny problem. i'm
trying to use a javascript-to-flash-type fs command to do a simple 'go
to frame such-and-such' thing. what i'm doing is a mouseover in one
frame, with another doodad happening simultaneously in the flash movie
(which is in another frame on the same level as the first).

the problem is, i'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to
reference the movie! the frame that contains the flash movie (named
linksmovie) is named blue. i've tried the following:

parent.blue.document.linksmovie.GoToFrame(num)
parent.frames[1].document.linksmovie.GoToFrame(num)
parent.blue.document[linksmovie].GoToFrame(num)
parent.frames[1].document[linksmovie].GoToFrame(num)

all with javascript errors that read (for the most part)
parent.blue.document.linksmovie (or whatever the variation) has no
properties

i've also gotten
parent.blue.document.linksmovie.GoToFrame is not a function

the document with all the javascript is at
http://www.newartscouncil.org/artstreet/linkswindow.html

if you've been able to puzzle this out, please give me a hint on how
this can be accomplished, or point me to some sort of resource.

thanks a million in advance!

april :)
--

a p r i l b i n g h a m