Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH 3: Global font replace
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 05:09:36 +0100

At 07:34 PM 7/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've got a rather large movie that the client decided they wanted a
>different font used. Is there anyway to change this for a number of symbols
>all at once, or is it only one by one?

I had a brainstorm about this (or maybe cerebral failure -- you be the
judge). Ordinarily I'd say you'll need to change the font designation in
every symbol or non-symbol occurrence. But what if you made copies of the
desired new font in your system folder, and then renamed each of these
copies with the various names of the fonts you were previously using? Flash
just might seek out the old names and come up with the replacement font in
each case. Be sure to keep backups of the real fonts so you can restore
them :-). Please let me know if this works.