Subject: Re: FLASH: archive
From: John Croteau
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 06:30:31 +0100

Hi Dominic,

> >The digests of the Flasher Lists are archived and available.
> >Instructions on getting the Index and downloading are at:
> >http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Resources/FlasherL.htm
> >There just is no search.
> -rw-rw---- 1 majordom daemon 38461 Feb 25 1998 v01.n008
> This is 6 of 52681... pretty useful, eh?

The Index and present archive covers the period from Feb 13, 1998 until
July 30, 1999 there are 1363 digests in the Archive (that's an average
of about 3 digesta s day).
Where did you got that 52681 number, I don't know?

The archive at the moment is most useful for those who go away on
vacation, or have lost a message, or know approximately when something
was posted. You can use the Index to find the volume(s) you need and
then download them.

It would be nice to have a searchable archive, but discussion here about
a one for this list is of little value, because only one person has the
right to setup or allow a searchable database of the Flasher List.
Sam is the owner of the List and administrative and items like this
should be sent to his attention at owneratshocker [dot] com (mailto:owneratshocker [dot] com). I do not
think he reads this list on a daily basis, so posts here may not be seen
by him.