Subject: Re: Simple explanation of "Tell Target"
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 03:22:27 +0100

Stephen
Don't feel slow about understanding Tell Target. It is, in my opinion,
the single most complex and depthy addition to Flash 3. And most
definitely worth the effort to really learn. I am working on my idea of
a Tell Target tutorial. The first part will cover the issue of
addressing tell Target instructions in Actions properly in all the
different configurations that I can think of. When I have part one
completed I'll post to the list.
In the mean time, the best way I've found to come to grips with TT is
to make a testing movie with several different movie clip animations and
a couple of buttons and try to get the simplest kind of TT to work
first. Add another level of difficulty by putting one movie clip inside
another and then trying to get it to work.
The first important thing is to always name your instance ( when you
place a movie clip on the stage it is an instance of that movie clip,
not the movie clip itself)
Hope this helps.
Dorian

--
Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net

Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Graphic Design, Illustration, Flash Design
Photoshop 4 Actions too