Subject: Re: FLASH: Unexpected button refusal (for Karin)
From: Chris de Deugd
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:49:58 +0100

Hi Karin,

I tried it out this morning and it worked!! It was exactly as you
described and in fact it's really quite logical.. Thanks again!

Chris

Karin Christensen wrote:

> The actions for that button in the loaded swf may need to have the
> instance name of the target mc included in the pathways. This is the
> usual reason why an action of any sort doesn't work in a load into
> target. When you load into targe, the swf is sort of a child of the
> mc that was targeted.
> Say your target mc is named blank. In the swf you have an action that
> targets another mc or the swf timeline. You would have to edit the
> action for that button something like this.
> go and play (/blank/another_mc)
> What can help you is to test the movie under control/test movie, when
> your swf is loaded in the target go to view > list variables. There
> you will see were the mc name has been added into the pathways. They
> need to be referrred to that way in your swf in order to work. I
> found it to be somewhat variable as to when and where you need to do
> it. I had a problem with drop_targets and some score setting
> variables, yet other things worked fine. I'm certain there is a firm
> rule about when you need to adjust the pathways.
> Karin

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com