Subject: RE: Flash Theft=Zero
From: Enrique Sulat
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:04:35 GMT

Well, how about those capture-a-site programs? Can flash still avoid being copied when you run of those up to some deep level?

Ike Sulat
Web Graphic artist
ikeatworldport [dot] com [dot] ph
http://www.worldport.com

Any MM wheels listening?

For people using Flash for commercial training websites/ corporate internal
presentations, one of the greatest features/anomolies? of Flash is that you
can't press-save the graphics, select through & copy the text. Save, etc.,
as you can with typical websites. You can snapshot, but evidently, that's
the limit. You can save a QuickTime movie, but not a Flash one.

I get mail like this from experienced web developers that I'm recruiting to
Flash...

>Wayne,
>I think the biggest feature is
>that you cannot "steal" anything made with it - I copied my NS cache
>folder and looked for it - no can do. This is a tremendous feature.

I agree with Jim.
The corp. clients that we are marketing to *always* take very serious note
of this. It opens the door for placing sensitive materials on the web,
using Flash technology, which at this point, seems to protect it.

I hope it stays this way. Will it MM guys?
If you're thinking about working around it, I request that you think twice,
and keep this advantage.