Subject: Re: Streaming Flash
From: Shawn Anderson
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:33:14 GMT

This is the bare bones steps for RealFlash (you can find detailed steps at
http://www.real.com/devzone/flash/guide/index.html ):

export the movie as an .swf with the sound disabled

export the movie as an .avi with the dimensions set to 32X21 with sound
enabled

encode this .avi as an audio only .rm file

create a text document with the a line reading "file: yourname.swf +
yourname.rm"

save text document as "yourname.ram"

Open the .ram file to see the animation.

You can run some pretty heavy-duty file size Flash executions through this
method and end up with a near instant streaming great sounding execution.

This is easy to test from your hardrive, but for over http requires a
server that allows multiple streams, and right now the only option is a
RealServer 5.0 (or the smaller Basic RealServer.)

Regardless of the server it's worth experimenting with as there are some
great things to come with advances of the RealPlayer around the corner.

At 02:45 PM 3/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anybody know how to make a Flash movie download into Real Player
>5.0? Do I "save as" in any special format? Run the SWF through the Real
>Video Encoder? Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eric
>--
> \\|//