Subject: Re: Transparent background
From: Seven2000
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:43:01 GMT

> >I was wondering if there is a way to make part of the background in a
> >flash file or any of the background for that matter, transparent? I want
> >to have a shape (square with rounded edges) where the other part shows
> >the background in the web page. Thanks.
> >
> >Paul Hagwood >>

IE4.0+ is the only browser that supports transparent.swf files. You can add
wmode="transparent" to the parameters of the html for your flash movie. Keep
in mind that other browsers will read the background of the actual movie, and
your background image on the page will simply "frame" your movie. A good
example of transparent flash can be found at http://www.gabocorp.com. (IE4.0+
only)

James