Subject: Re: SWF export and unused symbols
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:37:54 GMT

Dave Smith wrote:

> hiya Dave,
>
> No, Flash2 disregards the unused symbols.
>
> I just wish the editor would let us know which symbols are being used.
> The only way I can tell when I have a shit load of images is when i go
> into
> the library itself and choose delete in the properties.
>
> This is very time consuming when you've been importing tons of edited
> images
> and have no "quick reference" to go by.
>
> Or am I missing something?
>
> -DG-

No you didn't miss something but in Flash 2, if you have nerves of
steel, you can select a number of symbols in the library at a time and
and press delete. You will then be given a file by file message about
whether a file is in use or not and the choice to cancel the delete.
Just be sure not to click on the "yes to all" button. Make sure you have
just saved your .fla file before you do it. If you haven't saved the
.fla file when you start this procedure and then you edit some symbols
or remove some from the stage, Flash gets confused and still thinks a
symbol is in use when it isn't. Hope this helps.

Dorian
--
Dorian Nisinson Design
The Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information