Subject: Re: FORMS in flash?
From: p.m
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 09:51:34 +0100

Rob,

You didnt ask me either, but... ;]

Could you please show me where you got your information about ActiveX
Data Objects or any OLE technology is compatible with MacOS?!

OLE and ActiveX is about the most propritary MS BS you can get.

Now, I use ASP a lot, but I wouldnt want to make it the 'standard' tha
is 'ideal for immediate future database access methods'.

Id prefer JDBC over ODBC anyday.

Sorry had to jump in.

Paul
paulatflasher [dot] net

Robert Koberg wrote:

> You did not ask me, but...
> I would like the ability to read data into flash. This would give us
an extremely simple way to avoid writing active server pages. This
would also give a great text engine to web, authorware, visual basic,
toolbook, etc. developers. I would propose a method that can use OLE DB
and make use of ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) and Remote Data Services
(RDS). These (produced by Microsoft, but the system is supposed to
be compatible with MacOS) are rapidly gaining wide spread acceptance as
the ideal and the immediate future database access method.