Subject: Re: FLASH: IE 5
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 05:29:20 GMT

According to Microsoft (I was burned badly by my beta IE 5 and haven't
yet installed the release on my newly restored PC), Flash is standard on
the new release.
Is there some additional conformation to this? I know Flash3 plug-in is dis. on
Win98 and IE5, but as far as I know it is still an option which the viewer has to manually
check which does not make it a "standard". Is Flash intergraded into IE5+?

Unfortunately most pre-built boxes are already win98/IE preinstalled which in most cases
does not have Flash3 plug-in installed/checked from factory.

Is there a graph on where Flash3 is "truly" a standard? I mean where its intergraded and not an option.
If its NOT an option its "standard".

tia,

-DG-