Subject: Re: FLASH: Audio cross-platform problem
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:53:02 +0100

You're completely correct, based upon what I've seen with my sound
importing...but...

Well, although it's not technically "compressing" a file, I do "reduce" the file
to 8bit sound and mono. I mean, it's the internet, you really don't need
surround sound on it; that's only for the gamers, for the most part (not trying
to offend anyone).

Unless I'm sampling something cool (legally, you've got 7 seconds, I believe)
and then I'll sacrifice sound file size a bit for stereo.

My .02.

Russ