Subject: FLASH: getURL with variable size new windows
From: Cristiano Bianchi
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:19:46 +0100

Hello flashers,
just a little question. Maybe.
I'd like to use the getURL action to use a button to open a new window, with
a document.
On the flash side I create a getURL action, whose argument is:

JavaScript:openNewWindow(URL,width,height). URL is a string enclosed between
"" and the others are integers.

And in the HTML side I create the Script with the code:

function openNewWindow(imageURL,theWidth,theHeight)
{
window.open(imageURL,"test","toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no
,menubar=no,scrollbar=no,resizable=no,width=theWidth,height=theHeight");
}

Problem: I cannot get the size the I want. It seems that the argument width
and height don't get passed. Are the string? But JavaScript should convert
them automatically. And so?

Thanks in advance for your help

--
Cristiano

Cristiano Bianchi
MSc Built Environment: Virtual Environment
The Bartlett School of Graduate Studies
University College London
1-19 Torrington Place - London WC1