Subject: RE: Curtis Hillman Book (Was: Re: FLASH: flash book)
From: Eric Smollin
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:39:41 +0100

>Please say more about the book -- what it covers, what level of expertise
>it presumes, what you especially like about it, what's missing.
>Thanks, I'm considering buying it. Nowadays having a full Flash library is
>an increasingly serious commitment :-)

I just got Flash Web Design in the mail about ten minutes ago so I can't
give you a detailed description (yet). I bought this book because I have
much respect for the author (Hillman Curtis), and I think he has done some
of the most groundbreaking work with Flash. If you are looking for a book
that will teach you the ins and outs of ActionScript, this is not the best
book for ya. However if you are looking for a great design book (the area in
which I lack the most) this book is perfect. I have read many design books
lately, but none that have addressed design as it relates to Flash and
motion graphics. I think that this book is going to be a great learning tool
and I look forward to devouring it this weekend :p

By the way, I got it at VarsityBooks.com for $27.00 (before shipping). I
just checked their site and it says that the book has not been published
yet; strange because I just ordered said book Wednesday and it was in stock,
I know because I received it today. Search for it at
http://www.bestbookbuys.com/ and I'm sure you can find a good price.

-Eric-

flasher is generously supported by...