Subject: [flasher] OT: Calling Javascript from a text file
From: James Cutts
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:22:05 -0000

Thanks to everyone who helped with my CD burning query.

Another question.

The project is a simple CD based portfolio utilising Flash , Javascript and
HTML.

I have a flash movie embedded in an html page which contains a popup
javascript in the HEAD tag.

<script language="JavaScript">

<!--

function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0

window.open(theURL,winName,features);

}

//-->

</script>
<script language="JavaScript">

Within the .swf are buttons calling the javascript and targetting an html
page containing a graphic.

eg.

on (release) {
getURL
("javascript:javascripts.js:MM_openBrWindow('docs/ionm/balloon.html','balloo
n','width=400,height=267')");
}

Right.

I need to bust the .swf out of the HTML and run it as a standalone
.swf/.exe/.prj but with the javascript popups still working.

Ive read somewhere that I can call javascripts from a .txt file but cant for
the life of me find any tutorials/information.

Can anyone help?

Thanks