Subject: *+*+Super-Slow Machine Streaming+*+*
From: Doug
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:27:57 +0100

HEy all,

my # 1 question in the month of being on this list is as follows:

situation- i'm running a unmentionably slow machine, with a slow cpu and
1 meg vid card, etc, it's slow....anyways

i want to stream a cartoon sequence with a voice in synch with the
talking mouth, but even with a setting of 12 frames per second
I can't test it or even create it properly to know if it's going
to run smoothly or look like a dubbed jackie chan flic.

am i going to run into this problem with the diversity of all cpu
speeds?
or should i use sounds as events that begin with the character speaking?

I noticed the major difference in my system's speed when creating the
flashed
version of my site at http://www.geoverse.com and some of you guys
replied that
certain scenes would merge quickly and cut off sounds from the previous
scene.

thanks in advance for any response to this,

Ðòúg

dougatbenoit [dot] net
http://doug.benoit.net (nothing here yet)