Subject: Re: Grey background
From: Jason Nugent
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 02:50:15 +0100

Hey there,

Are you testing it on a true colour monitor (24-bit?) I've found
that, with Netscape especially, colours tend to be a bit "off" on
anything lower than 24-bit, like 16-bit, for instance. I find them a bit
lighter in fact. When I view the site in IE, everything looks fine.

hth,

Jason

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Josh On wrote:

> In flash 2, when I export files with a colour of #666666 (r=102, g=102,
> b=102)
> it comes up as a different shade to that of the same bgcolor in the html.
>
> The numbers are right, or did I just make a big fool of myself.
>
> Haven't tried flash 3 yet...
>
> Would be interested to know the results if some one else could do a quick
> test.
>
> Josh

> sittin': ++44 (0)171 247 2884
> struttin': 0958 774 505
> nerdin': joshatzesty [dot] com icq: 286540
> showin' off: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~dee/
> showin' off some more: http://www.swankarmy.net/copy/
> showin' off big time: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~dee/love/

Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons)
ap958atchebucto [dot] ns [dot] ca "This is who we are."
Certified Webmaster

Live to ride,
Ride to Live.