Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: ALCAZAR FLASH3 SITE
From: Kevin Darbro
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:14:15 +0100

"kirsten.kockerols" wrote:

> hey there,
> i don't wanna insult anybody (hi tyson), but i think i've seen that before with the same
> sound and almost the same navigation....
> at http://www.gabocorp.com
> i think it's not quite fair to get all the plaudit for your page...
> no offence!
> kick's
>
> -
>
> "The race is not always won by the swift, but by the one that keeps
> running..."
>
> Kind Regards
> Pieter Olwage (a.k.a DJT)
> WebMaster - http://www.alcazar.co.za

Crashed my NetScrape 4.51 Mac 8600. System 8.0. Worked on IE5 PC, Win 95. Pentium 200.
I'm with Kristen on this. It's one thing to "borrow" an idea from somebody, but the
Alcazar site is way too reminiscent of Gabocorp. I appreciate your efforts to do some cool
Flash stuff, and know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but this one is a
little over the "borrowing" edge for my personal taste. It also took far too long to load,
even on a T1, for an average surfer, but your text on the load did keep my interest a bit.
I really liked the "that was the 80% done beep." Good sense of humor. Obviously you have
an interest in the "dimensional scaley spinny" side of web design, and I look forward to
your future creations.

- Kevin Darbro
http://www.intrex.net/kdarbro/html/art.htm (flash links)