Subject: RE: FLASH: Linking out to a PDF
From: Eric Smollin
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:57:56 +0100

Kevin Jackson wrote:

>It can be done with an FS command to the file name if the extension
>is registered. Only problem is that the link has to open the program
>and the file and therefore those who aren't patient have a tendency
>to click repeatedly opening up more copies. Because of that I decided
>to put all of the PDF files in their own PDF menu.

Hi Kevin and thanks for your response.

I am not real familiar with FS commands and I was wondering if you wouldn't
mind expanding on your reply. What do you mean when you say you put the PDF
files in their own menu?

I was thinking that if I call up another window using Java Script and a Get
URL action, I can post the PDF files on that html page and avoid any issues
that might be involved in using FS Commands. Anybody know if this could
work?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Smollin, Multimedia Instructional Designer
PlanSoft Corporation
www.plansoft.com