Subject: Re: FLASH: THANK YOU EVERYBODY! (is: contact)
From: Laura Mollett
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 02:17:03 +0100

> The only thing I dread is having to repurchase all of my software full price
> as I plan on switching over to the Mac platform. I have heard nightmares
> about Virtual PC.

Virtual pc isn't that bad. You need plenty of hd space and plenty of ram or
it runs too slow, (slower'n windows ;), that's the worst part. Sometimes the
'edges' of the computer space mess up making it difficult to transfer files
from it to the mac (always works fine the other way around), or to use the
right-side scroll bars (making it necessary to not full screen the program
window, and screen space can be at a premium because you're limited anyway.
I also don't use it for anything but a few windows programs... games are too
slow on my machine, and if I want to use a net connect, I switch to the mac.
Oh, and running too many background programs can make a mess... generally
speaking, it gets the job done. I've heard the other one (forgotten what
it's called now) is worse.

Laura