Subject: Re: FLASH: Windows Security
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 22:17:49 +0100

At 07:56 PM 5/28/99 -0600, you wrote:
>How would I make sure other clients with high security see the site? Is that
>just not
>possible? I'm not the one I'm worried about ... it's the viewer on the other
>end who
>won't be able to see the site that I'm worried about

I'm also interested in this issue. Unfortunately I don't know enough about
detection methods to know if there's a way to discuver the user's security
level. Of course you could always put a note on your page, like "Security
warning? Click here," it's not very slick or graceful and of course it's
one more piece of information to cram onto the page.

Perhaps one of our more scripting-minded list members has a work around?

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.