Subject: RE: FLASH: StarWars Scroll
From: Jayma
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:24:34 +0100

Just thought I would add a little note here. Autotrace does NOT always
help with the file size. I had imported a 3D rotating object in sequence.
I saved the .swf without autotracing images = 120k. Well, that was just
too big, so I set about using the autotrace, hoping to make it smaller. I
tried several different ways with every possible setting I could come up
with, and the smallest the exact same file got was around 360k. (that, and
at the smallest it looked terrible.) I don't think I ever really got an
explanation as to why the autotrace actually increased my file size, but I
just wanted to warn you, check it both ways to see which is ACTUALLY
smaller.

FYI... autotrace is under MODIFY/TRACE BITMAP...

HTH,
Jayma