Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Need help with Fireworks/Flash
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:44:35 +0100

At 1:16 PM 5/30/0, Charles Alexander wrote:
> Fireworks doesn't seem to have a circle tool the way Flash does

Try the rollout under the Square tool... this holds circles, ellipses,
polygons and (in combination with the Tool Options panel) stars.

> Fireworks doesn't seem to recognize the "rectangle" as a path
> that the text can attach to.

Just in case, make sure you're not using the Marquee Selection tool, next
to the Lasso and Magic Wand... those pixel-selection tools aren't the same
as the actual Pen, Brush, and Shape Drawing tools.

To attach text to any path in Fireworks, select both the text and the path,
and then "Attach to Path" from the Text menu. Try the skewing orientation
options too.

When you export from Fireworks to Flash, be sure to set the SWF options to
export as paths, rather than as pixels. (If you want the nice glows and
bevels and all, choose "maintain appearance", but for best filesize and
resizing, keep it vectors... your choice.)

jd

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com