Subject: Re: FLASH: Calendar (was forgotten thread - shift-click??)
From: Nathan Dicken
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:27:41 +0100

Just disregard this message... I was having some problems with some
messages going through and sent this one this morning. Just realized that
the one sent last night went through :)

-Nathan

>Glenn,
>
>As was mentioned in another response, you can't monitor the Shift key being
>pressed in Flash, but you can specify other keys to do the same function.
>The interesting part in this comes when tying to monitor the key release,
>which isn't built into Flash but you can mimic it... Check out the
>following demo and let me know if that's close to what you're thinking of.
>You can use the TAB key in place of the Shift key for now to span between
>dates (just press TAB before clicking)...
>
>http://www.fusionary.com/flashdemos/calendar/
>
>Right now, if you switch months, it loses the data that is stored in the
>days from the previous month, but that could be changed fairly easily just
>based on how the data is stored.
>
>The format above is esentially a key press, then click your start/end dates
>type format. In answer to your question regarding passing the mouse
>actions to subsequent mc's in a click-and-drag format, once one button has
>been activated (Press, Roll Over, etc.), that is the only button that can
>be activated. Esentially, what you'd need to do is set the start date on
>pressing and releasing the mouse (maybe hold the press using a delay) and
>then any adjacent rollovers can be activated after that. You'd need to
>include some script or checking to make sure which direction from the start
>date you are rolling over and only add dates to the highlighted one if they
>are one date further in that direction.
>
>Hope this helps...
>Nathan Dicken

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com