Subject: Re: FLASH: RE: Drag and Drop
From: David Gary
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:35:12 +0000 (GMT)

Adam Bruce wrote:

> >> http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~adam/flash/mouse_over_world.htm
> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >First the MIME is NOT set on this server. This is rude to many of us
> >because it can waste our time and/or crash our browsers.
>
> I'm sorry you consider me rude, but...
>
> A.) I'm not the Sys-Admin for this web site
> B.) After 3 years of running Flash3, Flash2, Future Splash and Cel
> Animator on this server this is the first time anyone has ever
> complained of problems that I'm aware of.
>
> Since you feel so strongly about it, I would recomend you e-mail Kate
> Palenscar at webmasteratgulf [dot] net and take the issue up with her.

Hiya Adam,

Even though the original poster made it blatently clear maybe even a little
impolite
about the MIME not being set, it is still your responsibilty to contact your
administrator
and have them set the MIME type for Netscape browsers. If not, your viewers
with have problems viewing your site even though they've taken the time to
DL the plug-in and view your work. More and more FLashers need to be aware
of this simple
solution. If not, viewers to these sites(the general public) will think that
Flash is a hassle or doesnt always work properly. If that reputation is
built up, we all suffer. Its a simple solution that will ensure the access
to your site for everyone. Your Admin, should set this for you with no
problem.

-DG-