Subject: Re: FLASH: Importing graphics from Illustrator
From: Mark French
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:29:57 +0000 (GMT)

>Illustrator does provide the tools you need to save files so that all the
>elements are in the RGB colorspace. Simply use cmd-A or ctrl-A to select
>everything in your file, then select the Convert to RGB command from the
>Filters>Colors sub menu. All of your CMYK colors will be converted to RGB.
>
>We've heard the call from users that they need an easy way to ensure all
>colors were in the CMYK space to prevent color shifts when printing. Hence
>the CMYK Postscript check box option when saving as an EPS file. This is
>the first I've heard of anyone requesting everything being converted to RGB
>in an AI/EPS file. I'll see what I can do to make this easier in the future.
>
>While we're on the topic of using Illustrator and Flash, if there is anyone
>who would like to suggest other features to make the Illustrator / Flash
>workflow easier I would be very interested in hearing them. Feel free to
>e-mail me directly at ehessatadobe [dot] com
>

>Regards,
>
>Eric Hess
>+++++++++++++++++++++++
> Eric Hess
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
>European Marketing Manager
> Adobe Illustrator, Streamline
> & Dimensions
>
> e-mail: ehessatadobe [dot] com
> phone: (44) 131 458 2267
>+++++++++++++++++++++++

Hurrah for Adobe Dimensions! It's the only 3D program I've seen that
exports to PostScript DIRECTLY. It's CMYK PostScript, but it's
dimensionally accurate. It's ability to execute and export
sequentially-moved Illustrator files is nothing short of phenomenal.
Dimensions has always been my "secret" flash animation tool. Now if it
could only export a RGB multiframe swf...

Mark

Mark French
Senior Interactive Designer
Anderson + Lembke Advertising