Subject: RE: FLASH: Sneak Preview - Architectural Website
From: Quinn Merio
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 02:13:01 +0000 (GMT)

Very cool, Indeed. I especially liked the hand drawn effect!

Like Nigel says, you might like to set the auto-high parameter to high. And the two buttons are switched around.

This may sound odd, but I found the animation slightly too fast. In the intro bit and other places I wasn't able to even read the text before it twirled away and disappeared. Perhaps this is because I am viewing this over an ISDN with a 450mhz workstation, but yikes! I had to rewind a few times before I could catch what it was saying. (I don't think that I am a terribly slow reader either)

I found the project matrix slightly daunting ,not that I didn't like it, just that after I clicked 'next' and saw all of that text below with the buttons hiding behind it, I was sort of bewildered and not entirely sure what to click next, for fear of even more text appearing on the screen.

I really liked the animated rules in the 'on the boards' section. The music carries the animation beautifully.

In the Portfolio section, why do all of the little dashes replay the animation? These buttons seemed to have little purpose, as they all did exactly the same thing.

I think that little express tornado is the cutest thing I've seen in a while. I kept going back to the home page just to see it come flying in again. Very imaginative!

I loved the colour transformation between sections, but didn't particularly like the colour transformation from the intro movie to the home page. Going from Black to Grey gave me the feeling that someone was turning up the brightness and turning down the contrast on my monitor. I actually thought for a second that something was wrong with my screen. Kind of a washed out black. Personally, I would have kept the bg colour black or something other than dark grey.

All in all, I was VERY Impressed!

cheers,
quinn
Q u i n n I M e r i o