Subject: Re: FLASH: IE and Flash
From: John Croteau
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:08:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Paul,

> I've been noticing that when you use the code supplied by Macromedia to
> view Flash that it always sends the user to the Macromedia site.
No, it doesn't. You are sent to MM only if they don't have the
plugin/ActiveX control depending on what code you use.

> This seems to be for IE only. This is fine in some cases, but I'm having a
> problem that people are trying to view a site I created in FLash while
> not connected.
> They are using IE and get a error and then have to hit OK
> and then the flash file loads in fine. I know the error is because they
> aren't connected, but I'm concerned that if I take the line out (where
> it points to MM's site) then the flash won't load in IE.
If they are not connected how are they viewing your site?
If they are off line and trying to connect to your site then it is
normal for a browser to bring up an alert box that tells them that they
can not connect to your site. If the page is still in memory it will
usually allow you to see it from cache. The line that points to MM site
is irrelevant since it is only used if the ActiveX control is not
installed.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/