Subject: Re: FLASH: Linking movies (to oliver böhm)
From: p-h
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:47:18 GMT

Hi Oliver

Thank you for your swift answer.
I'll try to explore the path you suggested - but I tried also to have a look
at the "flashbible" website and it appears that the tech part is under
revision and thus the resources temporarily unavailable.

I hope I'll be able to find my way out anyway.

Thanks again for your concern

P-H

----- *very* "original" message ------

Hi there !

I'm afraid this question may have been asked quite a few times, and I
apologize for that.
So I'm in the process of developping my first job in Flash, which basically
consists of two modules linked together.

The first module is a movie presenting the company staff and expressing new
year greetings. This part should be "skippable" with a button directly
opening the second module (please excuse me if my dialectic isn't
"flash-like" yet, and bear in mind that english isn't my native
language...).

The second module is some kind of directory with the staff pictures and
coordinates.

My problem is :

I can't remember how I did the trick when I was testing the linking
feasability with two nearly empty dummy movies - and of course I've
overwritten the test files with the actual movies...

I vaguely remember the timeline was "jumping" from one scene to the next
(which still works fine when implemented in the final version of the movie)
and that at the last keyframe I had an action script like :

Unload Movie
Load Movie ("MyMovie_2", 1)

This still seems to work at first, but when the "cursor" encounters the
first "goto next scene" statement at the end of the first scene of the
second module, it returns to the first frame of the first scene of the first
module... Grrrrr ! I fear the solution is very trivial indeed (for this
seems to be a quite basic demand), but I can't manage to find it documented
somewhere.

Needless to say that now my modules are nearing completion, and that the
client, who saw them independently, now wishes (as I do myself) to see them
properly assembled. And of course they expect this SOON ;o)))

I would dearly appreciate any kind of help.

Many many thanks in advance

P-H Steyt