Subject: Re: FLASH: Importing graphics created in Corel Draw
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:00:28 +0100

Hi Judy,

> I was playing with a graphic in Corel Draw 8 and tried various ways to
> import it into Flash, but was unsuccessful as the gradients
> of some things, or the smoothness of the outlines, or something
> was wrong each way that I did it. Can someone help?? I really like
> some of the tools in it and would like to have some success with this.
Generally gradients either do not import as desired and almost always
import many many times greater than if created in Flash. So if at all
possible import structure with flat surfaces if any and add gradients or
bitmap texture in Flash.

Did you see my post on Friday? See #4 below.
Re: FLASH: 3D VECTOR ANIMATIONS (PART 2)

Imported Vector graphics from other programs are usually much larger
than an optimized Flash file.

Optimizing imported vector files:

1) Break apart and remove groups and other overlapping detail. May have
to be done several times.
2) Use Modify > Curves especially > Optimize to reduce unneeded
complexity in shape.
3) Redrawing simple elements which might be much easier than optimizing.
4) Replace gradients with Flash gradients.
5) In general try to apply all surfaces in Flash.
6) Convert animation components to Tweens (Shape or Motion) using first
and last images.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/