Subject: FLASH: MM, small request.]
From: David Gary
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:34:34 +0100

David Gary wrote:

> Hiya guys, if MM is reading this.
>
> I have a request or wish for FLash4.
>
> Have edit symbol states stay in memory so when you change between editing
> symbols, the symbol stays on x,y where you once had it.

> I find this problem more time consuming now that MCs are supported in Flash3 and Im constantly moving from symbol to symbol when creating my
> shematics.

Did I say "Shematics"? Isnt that a "matic" that shoulda been.

On the same note, I also find it painfully time consuming to return to a MC or timeline
and have to search for the frame I was working on prior to leaving the symbol's editing window. With the introduction of MCs to Flash, scenes become somewhat redundant. Because scenes can make nightmares for designers using MCs, designers are having to sometimes create long timelines. I have a
couple into the thousands. When I return to edit the timeline, its a nighmare to find the keyframe I was currently editing, because when returning to the editor the timeline has reset itself to frame 1. This (IMDHO)(in my designing honest opinion<g>) needs to be put in memory.
IOW(to make it simple), when a designer leaves a symbol after editing, it needs to be put in memory so when he returns to each symbol he is greeted exactly where he left. This also could be done in saving the FLA too.

Again, thanks for listening,

-DG-