Subject: FLASH: How to Handle Requests for Spec Work
From: Bob Schmidt
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:10:14 GMT

There has been a fair amount of discussion on the list about how to handle
requests for spec work.

There are times when it is justifiable to agree to do work on spec, and
other times when it is not justified or necessary. I have written on this
subject for web designers at
http://provider.com/spec.htm

This advice is based on my 2 decades of experience in advertising and
public relations and 4 years in web development and is just as applicable
to Flash projects as web design. If you are working your way through this
business issue you may find my words on this subject helpful.

On my site you'll also find, among other things, information on setting
rates and a contract swipe file. Enjoy!

Bob Schmidt
Author, The Geek's Guide to Internet Business Success
The First Book to Address the Business Side of the Web Design Business
Published by John Wiley & Sons
www.provider.com/geeksguide