Subject: RE: FLASH: after rollover - continued animation
From: Raymond Chitolie
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:39:07 GMT

Hi Tim, you sound like a talented individual, so I will try to make this as
painless as I can for you. Use the force! =)

1. Presuming that you are using Flash 3, then you can use "movie clip"
symbols
to do what you need.

2. You need to create a seperate movie clip symbol for the animation when
the
mouse goes over the button (the "OVER" state).

3. You will also need to create a seperate movie clip symbol for the
animation when the mouse leaves the button (the "UP" state). As you can
imagine, by putting a movie clip in this state, the button will appear to

animate as soon as it appears, so the trick for this one is to place the
button in the movie hidden (outside the screen boundary, behind a masking
symbol etc), and put in a flat non-animating symbol instead.

Once the animation has expired, you can substitute the flat symbol with
the button, by moving it into place.

If the animation on the "OVER" state is continuous, you can just replace
the flat symbol with it, as it will play smoothly (depending on how you
have animated it).

4. Put both of the above movie clips into the appropriate states for the new

button, and define the appropriate "HIT" state for the button. Also
create
a "DOWN" state if necessary.

5. Drag the button symbol into your main movie and preview it.

With luck, you should have a button symbol which animates when the mouse
both enters, and exits it.

Be seeing you...

Voodoo Ray.

=-=-=-=-= Gabriel Knight + Homer Simpson + Serial Killers -=-=-=-=
rayateasynet [dot] co [dot] uk || "I'm going to escape and come back...
"Be Seeing You" || wipe this place off the face of the
---------------------|| earth, obliterate it...and you with it."
Voodoo Ray ? || No. 6