Subject: Re: FLASH: OVER button...
From: John Croteau
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 02:38:55 GMT

Hi Russell,

> I find it somewhat odd that I have to define a button as a button twice,
> but I'm not going to be the guy who bites the hand that feeds me.
The behavior of a button is set as the same as the type of symbol when
you create it (Graphic, Button, Movie Clip).
The main use of Behaviors is to use one of the frames of a Button or
Movie Clip without creating a new Symbol. For instance say you are
animating a button if you change the Button's behavior to Graphic
(single frame 1) that Instance would no longer be able to be clicked and
it would animate faster because it is behaving like a single frame
Graphic instead of a 4 frame button. This is all done without having to
create a new symbol in the Library. This not only can save btes but it
can speed your creation process.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/