Subject: FLASH: convert scene to a movie clip
From: markc
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:59:02 +0100

Hi all,

Having made one version of a movie with multiple layers and multiple
scenes, and having covered more of the manual, I've decided it would be
better to create a number of movie symbols and load them into a 'master'
movie.

So, my problem is .... how can I take all of my layers and frames from
one scene, and convert that into a movie symbol?

I've tried using 'edit multiple frames' (with all the layers set to
nornal), 'select all', then 'create symbol' - 'movie symbol', but I only
get a one frame movie symbol instead of 100+ frames.

I've tried (with all layers set to normal) shift-clicking across all the
frames and all the layers, and then 'copy frames' and trying to paste
that into a blank movie symbol .... no go.

So am I correct in thinking that the only way to create a movie symbol
is to create a blank symbol first, and build it up within the symbol
itself, rather than by transferring a number of frames and layers from a
movie?

Any help offered would be truly appreciated, (and enable me to avoid
having to start from scratch again :-)

Mark
--
Mark Carter. Senior Consultant - Multimedia,
MCSB Systems (M) Berhad, Malaysia.

MCSB ServicePAK - IT Support Services
"Your Service Assurance Plan"
http://www.mcsbsystems.com/servicepak/