Subject: Re: FLASH: convert scene to a movie clip
From: Jason Nugent
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:50:50 +0100

> markc wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Having made one version of a movie with multiple layers and multiple
> > scenes, and having covered more of the manual, I've decided it would be
> > better to create a number of movie symbols and load them into a 'master'
> > movie.
> >
> > So, my problem is .... how can I take all of my layers and frames from
> > one scene, and convert that into a movie symbol?
> >
> > I've tried using 'edit multiple frames' (with all the layers set to
> > nornal), 'select all', then 'create symbol' - 'movie symbol', but I only
> > get a one frame movie symbol instead of 100+ frames.
> >
> > I've tried (with all layers set to normal) shift-clicking across all the
> > frames and all the layers, and then 'copy frames' and trying to paste
> > that into a blank movie symbol .... no go.

Step by step, this is how I do it in Win95. Open the movie I want
to copy from. left button click and drag across all the frames I want to
copy. Edit->Copy Frames. Go to my new movie (or movie clip). Right
click on the first frame (or wherever I want to paste them in), and select
"Paste".
I had your problem once before - it seems Flash is quite picky
about the order of things when doing this.

Jason

Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons)
ap958atchebucto [dot] ns [dot] ca "This is who we are."
jasonatirt [dot] org
Certified Webmaster

Visit IRT.org - Internet Related Technologies - http://www.irt.org
Articles on all aspects of internet development, including -
CGI/Perl, CSS, JavaScript, dHTML, Java, XML, HTML