Subject: Re: UKNM: Incorrect Use of Client Reference Sites
From: David Bentley
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:45:39 +0100

This happens regularly for me. I have had numerous calls from companies
saying that they have had meetings with web houses who say they built and
developed the Boots The Chemists site.

All I am able to do is categorically deny that they had any involvement
whatsoever, as there is no design or HTML or thinking behind it, which has
been done by anyone other than BTC or OM (or BMP, at the beginning).

I don't really have a problem with it though because there is nothing we
can do. Neither have I caught any company lying as openly as Zygon.

Makes you wonder how these people think they can getaway with it though.

David

At 09:05 01/04/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Kirstie,
>
>Unfortunately this happens all too often.
>
>Industry-wide combat? = Provide client (person) name and email address of
>client contact....
>
>Alex
>

>At 18:03 31/03/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>Just wanted to check with you guys to see if you'd experienced the same.
>>
>>We have recently found a number of web development companies who have
>>been listing reference sites within the clients sections of their web
>>sites, but actually not having done any work for them at all. A classic
>>example was http://www.zygon.co.uk, where they listed Thomas Cook (one
>>of our clients) as theirs. We talked to TC and they agreed with us in
>>the fact that this company had never, done any work for them at all. TC
>>investigated this further and Zygon have now agreed to take the
>>reference out. In fact the only reason it was there was because Zygon
>>had placed a sales call with Thomas Cook !! I am appalled that companies
>>like this are getting away with it, and I wondered if anyone else had
>>experienced anything similar ?
>>
>>EMail : kirstieatissolutions [dot] co [dot] uk
>>DDI : 01932 893313
>>
>>http://www.issolutions.co.uk
>>
>Alex Barnett - Business Director
>alexatbluewave [dot] com