Subject: Re: UKNM: Incorrect Use of Client Reference Sites
From: Charles Meaden
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:52:25 +0100

Johnathon,

You've raised an interesting point when you said No, to the question.

" A Web house who have been asked to re-touch a site that they had no
involvement with the main build of justifiably claim to have said company
as a client ?".

I don't believe that it so clear cut. Digital Nation recently took over the
design and construction of a web site, The previous designers had done
such a poor job and provided such bad customer service, that our clients
decided to use us.

The web site displays a complete list of all rental properties in the North
West of England and is automatically updated everyday. Therefore we left
the structure of the site alone, as the client couldn't justify the expense
of rewriting his property management system.

Instead we overhauled the design of the site, optimised it for all the
search engines and made it far more slick. We provide a link from our web
site to theirs on our clients page, and our client is perfectly happy with
this.

In my experience, companies that have changed their web design agencies, do
so because they have been unhappy with the work carried out and therefore
no longer wish to be associated with that agency or company anymore.

Therefore I'd argue that the final decision on whether an agency can
"claim" a client rests with the client.

Charles

Digital Nation (UK) Ltd http://www.digitalnation.co.uk
Download our FREE Internet Marketing Report Today
Charles Meaden Managing Director
Tel: +44 (0)181 864 5420 Fax: +44 (0)181 864 2467
============== cmeadenatdigitalnation [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:cmeadenatdigitalnation [dot] co [dot] uk) ===============