Subject: RE: UKNM: Funmail and some rather "dubious" e-mail addresses...
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:33:07 +0100

Well, I've heard back from Funmail who tell me it was a mistake on their
part to make those offending domain names live. They acquired the names
as part of many thousands they've got and it was never an intention to use
them, but due to a "tecnical oversight" they were pointing direct to the
main Funmail site.

It is good to see that when a issue like this appears, that it can be
resolved and I thank Funmail for resolving the issue.

As many of us in this industry know, there are still many lessons to be
learnt and I guess incidents like this will happen to serve as a useful
lesson and one that we can all avoid and get on with our jobs of
encouraging people to use the Internet and new media and share in the value it is
presenting to our lives.

Jeremy Kerner from Funmail got in touch with me directly and realised
the mistake they made. On the postive side, now that these names have been
registered, they will never be allowed to be used and for that we are
thankful and I'm thankful to hear from Funmail that this is the way it
will be.

Leslie